Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dear Water Bureau Blogger: Please give us substance

I'd like to see who was really writing the script for Friday's Water Bureau posts and tweets. Someone should do a public records request for the emails to and from Bott, Shaff, and Brown related to public messaging, tweets and blog posts on April 21 and 22.

Do I need my water bureau spending my money to talk about the weather and the fountains? I'd rather they tweet me everytime they hand out a new multi-million dollar contract. If Water Bureau truly wants to encourage public involvment (and not just propoganda) they can start by giving citizens the information we want... not just the information they want us to have. How about we de-fund the tweet and blog program at Water Bureau, freeing up a staff person to provide the information the community really wants access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bull Run Watershed